Louisiana Coalition for Reproductive Freedom (LCRF) is seeking a Coalition Coordinator
Louisiana Coalition for Reproductive Freedom (LCRF) is seeking a Coalition Coordinator to provide operational support to the Steering Committee, and advocate for the protection and expansion of reproductive health, rights, and justice. The Coalition Coordinator supports the Coalition’s efforts to organize, advocate and sustain a movement for reproductive freedom.
They will be responsible for providing direct support to the Steering Committee, including meeting facilitation, developing communications, project and event management, membership development, and other core functions as needed.
The Coordinator will have the tremendous opportunity to work with advocates across the state who care deeply about justice and equity, and are bold, strategic leaders committed to the organization’s mission.
The Coordinator will be geographically based in Louisiana and will work remotely.
The Coalition Coordinator will assume the following responsibilities:
- Provide support for all Coalition meetings, including Steering Committee, Executive Committee and ad hoc committee meetings as needed;
- Lead planning and logistics for meetings, including meeting preparation, facilitation, and follow-up, developing meeting agendas, preparing meeting materials and disseminating meeting information as needed;
- Establishing a calendar of events and meetings in collaboration with the Steering Committee, ensuring that the Committee’s work follows a calendar of annual activities to fulfill governance responsibilities;
- Work with the Steering Committee to lead and execute the organization's annual budget; including expense tracking, monthly reporting and budget administration;
- Communicate regularly with the Steering Committee to ensure that they are kept informed and up to date;
- Provide other administrative support as needed.
- Identify, implement and ensure maintenance of operational systems and protocols, including member records management, billing and project management systems;
- Maintain and enhance organizational culture including the coalition’s commitment to reproductive justice, racial equity and inclusion;
Fundraising & Communications
- Support Steering Committee efforts in fundraising, grant preparation, submission, management and reporting, funder relations, and execution of deliverables;
- Work with the Steering Committee to develop LCRF marketing materials that communicate the organization’s mission and work; including pitch documents, decks and one-pagers as needed.
- Develop and maintain Coalition membership database;
- Develop and maintain key reporting documentation to track member status;
- Create and disseminate member communications as needed;
- Lead the development and execution of new member orientation and other related development programs for Steering and Executive Committee members.
Event and Project Management
- In coordination with various coalition members, coordinate logistics including supplies, venues, food and beverage, transportation, volunteers, etc. for large to small events such as meetings, workshops, trainings, advocacy days at the Capitol, and canvassing;
- Independently plan and coordinate events including meetings and travel;
- Research, reserve, schedule, and manage payment of various event and project vendors including venues, A/V companies, printers, caterers, etc.;
- Set, follow, and report on an event/project budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience working with community organizations
- Ability to organize, manage projects and budgets, motivate people and move work plans forward.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and/or membership development including proven track record in proposing and securing programmatic funding support
- Strong investment in the fight for racial and reproductive justice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google applications, and project management applications
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and team building skills required.
- Management professional who pays attention to both detail and bigger picture goals
- Intelligent, hard-working, and “Can Do” attitude
- Flexible, responsive, and able to manage diverse priorities
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the below information via email with the Subject Line: “First Name, Last Name -LCRF Coordinator” to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letter of Recommendation (optional)