Advocates for Women’s Health Admonish the Louisiana Legislature for Attacks on Women and Families
Advocates for women’s health will host a Press Conference on Friday, May 18 to demand politicians focus the last days of this legislative session on improving health care access, the vital social services network, and economic justice for Louisiana women and families. For the last several months politicians in the capitol have failed to deliver justice for Louisiana women. Instead, they have dedicated their time to passing new, unconstitutional restrictions on abortion access including a ban on abortions after fifteen weeks, proposing cuts to health care and social services, rejecting an increase in the minimum wage and an equal pay bill that would narrow one of the largest gender pay gaps in the country. Advocates will address these cruel policies that hurt families and devastate the lives of women across the state.
- Lakeesha Harris, Reproductive Justice and Sexual Health Program Manager, Women With a Vision
- Maria Wickstrom, Board Chair, New Orleans Abortion Fund
- Angela Adkins, National Organization for Women Louisiana
- Ellie Schilling, JD, Board Chair, Lift Louisiana
- Petrice Sams-Abiodun, Vice President of External Services – Louisiana, Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast
WHAT: Media conference about the 2018 legislative session and failure of policymakers to address the needs of women and families in Louisiana.
WHEN: 10:00 a.m., CDT Friday, May 18, 2018
WHERE: State Capitol Park. N 3rd Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
CONTACT: Michelle Erenberg, Lift Louisiana, firstname.lastname@example.org, 504-451-8489