In the last three decades, Louisiana has ranked one of the highest in the nation in maternal mortality, unplanned pregnancies, teen birth rates, sexually transmitted infections, and other poor health indicators for women and children. Yet Louisiana has consistently supported policies and regulations aimed at creating insurmountable barriers to reproductive healthcare access and sexual health education instruction in schools. Some of the policies enacted in recent years have cut funding to family planning programs and have placed unnecessary regulations on reproductive healthcare service providers. Such policies threaten women's access to services including preventative care, health screenings, birth control, and abortion services.
Lift Louisiana's mission is to educate, advocate, and litigate for policy changes needed to improve the health and wellbeing of Louisiana's women, their families, and their communities.
- Educate: We provide people with free training, information, and advocacy tools to enable them to discover their own voices on the issues affecting women’s health and overall wellbeing in their communities.
- Advocate: We engage in direct and grassroots advocacy efforts to influence policies that will improve women’s health and overall wellbeing.
- Litigate: We provide legal representation for medical providers and individuals to secure access, availability, and viability of reproductive healthcare services.
Interested? Become Invested!
If you're interested in the same issues as us, then please consider supporting Lift Louisiana with your time or resources.
- Advocate! Sign up for Lift's email list to stay informed on women's policies and to learn when and how to take action.
- Donate! Make a donation today to invest in improving women's health outcomes in Louisiana.