Part-Time Operations Manager
Lift Louisiana is seeking a part-time Operations Manager.
An Ideal candidate must possess a deep commitment to reproductive rights and reproductive justice, racial equity, and embrace a gender justice framework. As a key point of access and support, the Operations Manager ensures that Lift has the structure necessary to achieve its vision. Working closely with the Executive Director, you will be responsible for overall productivity, quality control, and digital security measures. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills is a must; as our hire will serve as Lift’s representative with both internal and external clients, community members, and coalition partners. Supervisory responsibilities, in accordance with company policy, include - but not limited to; training new and existing employees, event planning, assigning and directing work related to Lift’s goals and other administrative tasks, oversight and coordination of grounds, buildings, and equipment maintenance.
Skills and Requirements:
- Five or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination, in operations and financial management of a nonprofit, supervisory experience a plus
- Positive management and leadership style with ability to manage multiple projects amid changing priorities in a fast-paced environment and produce outstanding results
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in office technology and information systems including QuickBooks and/or Netsuite, Word, Excel, Google Workspace, PowerPoint, and Zoom.
- Effective customer service, conflict resolution, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintaining safety mindset at all times
- Reliable transportation, internet access, and phone is a must
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, Accounting, Business, or related field preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executive Support
- Organizing, distributing, and implementing work plans
- Assessing organizational priorities
- Meeting prep, participation and notetaking, follow-up
- Event planning and fundraising support
- Budget prep, financial oversight and annual report preparation assistance
- Timely financial and safety reports
- Primary contact for vendors, auditors, accountants, and other contractors
- Coordinate communication with Lift’s Fiscal Sponsor on all matters relating to financial management
- Managing of all legal agreements (contracts, insurance policies, and professional registrations)
- Support Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging goals
- Coordinate with Board Officers to monitor board development and recruitment activities, support planning and logistics of meetings
- General office support
- Ensure that all remote employees home office needs are met to carry out evolving work plans
- Develop and implement internal work processes
- Program monitoring to ensure strategic plan alignment
- Administrative support as needed
Lift Louisiana is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental, or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and women are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
This is a remote position during the COVID-19 pandemic. Lift Louisiana is located in New Orleans, Louisiana and as pandemic risks are mitigated co-working office space may be required. Local travel may be required.
FLSA Status: Part-time Non-exempt; 25 Hours Per Week
Rate of Pay: $26.50 per hour
Lift Louisiana offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation and sick leave, medical, dental, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plans.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with Attention: Operations Manager Position as “Subject”.
Lift Louisiana's Mission: To educate, advocate, and litigate for policy changes needed to improve the health and wellbeing of Louisiana's women, their families, and their communities.