Digital Content Creator (Contract/Temporary)
Background: Lift Louisiana is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to educate, advocate, and litigate for policy changes needed to improve the health and wellbeing of Louisiana's women, their families, and their communities. The organization works to educate the public on the numerous issues facing Louisiana women and the policies and laws that will impact them. We strongly believe in reproductive justice and we will pursue legal remedies to secure access, availability, and viability of reproductive healthcare services.
Job description: Lift Louisiana is seeking a Digital Content Creator with a passion for storytelling, audience engagement, and meeting deadlines. Someone successful in this role must possess a deep commitment to reproductive rights and reproductive justice, racial equity, and embrace a gender justice framework. An ideal candidate to join our communications team will be a conscientious self-starter, skilled at communicating about these issues and capable of educating the public in a way that leaves them with new information and civically engaged. The Digital Content Creator is responsible for creating timely and compelling content for Lift Louisiana social media channels.
- Create visually-compelling content and graphics for Instagram, Facebook and TikTok, including video and photographic content;
- Schedule social media posts and monitor other relevant social media accounts;
- Assist with graphic design and developing social media toolkits for extended campaigns that can be shared with other organizations;
- Stay up to date on current events, particularly involving reproductive rights and state policy; and
- Increase Lift’s social media reach and followers.
- Photography, videography, graphic design
- Hands-on experience with video and photo editing tools and digital media formats
- Proficiency in a range of digital tools and tactics, including Canva, as well as platforms for photo and video editing.
- Writing skills for social media posting with an attention to details
- Demonstrated abilities using Instagram, TikTok and Facebook
- Demonstrated abilities in creating and maintaining social media campaigns
- Process orientation with project management and strong admin skills - highly organized to support the communications team
- Knowledge and understanding of reproductive justice issues
Lift Louisiana is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental, or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and women are encouraged to submit proposals.
This is a remote position, but applicants need to reside in New Orleans or Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Lift Louisiana is located in New Orleans, Louisiana and as pandemic risks are mitigated co-working office space may be required. Local travel may be required.
Compensation: Approximately 15 hours per week at $20 per hour for three months (April-June 2022) with a possibility of extending the contract.
To apply, upload resume and sample content here. Please include any social media accounts that you manage.